|A huge thank you to www.UncommonGoods.com for the fantastic set of Multicolor Ombre glasses|
Celebrate this holiday weekend with a festive and refreshing, red and blue cocktail. Made with fresh berries, a shot of tequila, a splash of prosecco wine, and lots of ice. Simply perfect for relaxing by the pool, or for sipping while flipping those patties on your grill.
If you are looking for a new, ready-in-a-snap fruity cocktail to add some fun and sparkle to your weekend, this is the recipe for you. You know, you can never go wrong with sparkling things. From jewelry to shoes. From your eyes to your smile… And your drink of course! Any of those are always greatly appreciated.
My confession for today: after test-tasting this cocktail one too many times, my smile and eyes were definitely sparkling! Haha :D
And now look. Look at the sparkle in these beautiful glasses.
Love, love, LOVE the little natural bubbles that make these Ombre glasses sparkle. These colorful and beautifully designed stemless goblets are made from recycled glass and mouth-blown by Mexican artists. This means that none of the glasses are quite alike. Each comes with its unique vibrant color, sleek shape and lots of sparkles!
These glasses do not only bring a modern touch and a splash of color to your table. But they are also a very functional addition to your tableware. The thick glass makes them perfect for any drink, from an exotic cocktail to a wholesome cup of milk, keeping the inside chilled for longer. And the different colors that are included in a set make it easier to identify your glass at a party. Who wants to be holding the glass anyways, while trying to balance a plate piled up with delicious food, a fork (you really need that) and possibly a dangerously sharp knife?!? You won’t need to do that with these glasses. So put down your drink, sit back, and enjoy your meal!
You can find these glasses at www.UncommonGoods.com. While looking at this website, make sure to check out their great selection of products. Handcrafted and unique. For your kitchen, but not only. You can find personalized items (here) and many amazing gifts idea (here).
Thanks again, Uncommon Goods!!
NOTE: If you have children around that would also like to enjoy a fruity and refreshing drink, you can substitute the prosecco wine with sparkling water, the tequila with more lemon or lime juice. And add one more tablespoon of sugar to make it sweeter. The kids will really enjoy it :)
Ingredients: Makes 2
- 1/3 cup (50 gr) of fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup (50 gr) of fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of sugar, plus another for the glass rim (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice, plus one wedge for the glass rim (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of tequila (I used gold Herradura AnejoTequila)
- about 1 cup (235 ml) of prosecco wine (or your favorite sparkling white wine)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of your two glasses and coat the rim with sugar (if you’d like) by dipping in a plate of sugar.
2. Fill the glasses with crushed ice, mixed with a couple of blueberries and a couple of raspberries per glass. Set aside and let the glass chill for a few minutes while you prepare the rest.
3. In a cocktail shaker add the rest of the blueberries and raspberries, the sugar and the lime juice. Mash with a muddler. Add the tequilla and some ice to fill about half of the tin. Place the lid on the shaker, hold it with your finger and shake. Shake until you see condensation on the outer part of the shaker, which means the drink is properly chilled.
4. Using the shaker strainer (so the ice doesn’t come down) pour the cocktail into the chilled glasses.
Top with the Prosecco and serve immediately.