Who wouldn’t love to wake up to a slice of this irresistible cake, next to a hot and steamy cappuccino?
I could really eat a slice of this blueberry and almond coffee cake. Every. Single. Morning.
I absolutely love almonds and almond flavored desserts. And when you combine it with sweet and juicy blueberries, you will end up with a deliciously soft, mouth-watering dessert.
Just the thought of this coffee cake in the morning would make jump right out of bed and run for the espresso machine! No more laying lazily under my blankie!
Maybe eating this everyday would not be good for my waistline. But once in a while, why not? Check out the ingredients, it’s made from scratch with simple and wholesome ingredients.
You will be surprise by how easy and quick it is to make. Just plan ahead, and remember to remove the butter and the eggs from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before starting with the recipe.
Room temperature ingredients are easier to mix into the batter, so you’ll end up with a more uniform, tender, light and airy texture.
Here is the video for you:
This recipe first appeared on in September 2015.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C). In a large bowl, add two eggs and the cup of sugar. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the butter cut in pieces and mix again, until mostly smooth.
4. Mix in the vanilla and the almond extracts.
5. Add the flour, the salt and the baking powder. Blend some more.
6. Fold the blueberries and about 2/3 cup of the almonds. The remaining almonds will be sprinkled on top.
7. Spray or grease a 9×9 inches baking pan with butter and flour. Pour the batter in the pan and flatten it out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top of the cake.
8. Bake for about 45-50 minutes at 350° F (175° C) until slightly golden on top. Test with a toothpick for readiness. The toothpick should come out clean … unless of course you poke a blueberry :)
Let the cake cool down for a few minutes before cutting in squares.