|Post sponsored by Santa Rita Wines, in collaboration with Honest Cooking. #120DaysOfSummer |
Thank you for your support!
Ready to fire up the grill, run for your tongs and skewers, and try this savory chicken recipe?! You won’t be disappointed.
If you prefer to pair this dish with a white wine, you should try the award-winning Santa Rita 120 Sauvignon Blanc. You can stay assured, no one will turn down a refreshing glass of this fruity and elegant wine. Because of its grapefruit, lime and lemon peel flavor, complemented by sweet white peach notes, you can easily combine it with a wide variety of summer food, from chicken to fish, from aperitif to dessert. Always a winner!
Thank you Santa Rita for the amazing wines!
- 1 lb (450 gr) of baby potatoes, I used gold potatoes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1.6 lbs, 725 gr)
- 2 zucchinis
- 16 thin slices of pancetta, about 3 oz (85 gr)
- Badia complete seasoning
- rosemary sprigs
- salt to taste
1. Wash and scrub the potatoes if necessary. Place them in a pan filled with cold, salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for 7-10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Cut the potatoes in half, sprinkle with salt and place a small rosemary sprig in the middle.
2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat (about 350 F, 175 C)
Cut the chicken breast in thin slices – about 4 slices each half breast. Pound the slices under some plastic wrap (or parchment paper) to make them even. Cut each slice lengthwise in half.
Sprinkle each slice with Badia Complete Seasoning. Top with one slice of pancetta. And one thin slice of zucchini. You should use a mandoline if you have it, to make the slices super thin, and easy to roll. Salt to taste.
Roll the chicken slice on itself tightly. Thread the chicken rolls onto the skewers, making sure it stay sealed. Alternate with the potatoes Repeat with each roll.
3. Drizzle with olive oil. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn a few times, to cook on both sides.