Bring a taste of sunshine to your cookie jar with these white chocolate chip cookies exploding with lemon flavor
Let’s start the weekend with something sweet that is a sure way to brighten up your day.
These white chocolate chip cookies are chewy and thick, and bursting with lemon zest and lemon juice. If you ask me, this is what summer tastes like. In a cookie form. Simple and yet, so delicious.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when making these cookies.
- You want the butter to be soft when mixing it with the sugar. So, leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes before starting with the recipe.
- When adding the dry ingredients to the wet, just mix until combined. For softer cookies, don’t over-mix.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking . You can either chill first and then spoon into cookies, or the other way around (spoon on a baking sheet and refrigerate). If you bake in two batches, make sure to keep the second batch in the refrigerator.
- Last but not least, if you haven’t baked many cookies, it’s a good idea to bake one cookie and see how it comes out. It only takes 10 minutes. If the cookie turns out too flat, add a tablespoon or two of flour to the dough. The reason for flat cookies is generally not enough flour, warm dough (not refrigerated long enough) or not enough baking soda. So if you did both of the last two things, it can only be the dough a little too wet (mostly from the lemon juice, or the size of the egg).
Ready to try this out too?!? Have an amazing weekend.
- YIELDS: 24 cookies
- 4 oz (115 gr) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed (50 gr) of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla ex tract
- 1 large lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 cups (260 gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup (150 gr) white chocolate chips
TIME: 20 minutes, plus 30 minutes inactive
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the white and brown sugar, with a hand mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg, the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
Scoop the dough onto parchment paper, over a baking sheet, leaving enough space between the cookies. You will need two large baking sheets. Make about 24 cookies.
- Bake at 350° F (175° C) for about 10 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown, and cookies are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet to harden a little.
And enjoy :-)