In the meantime, you can always lick the bowl!
Ingredients: to make 12 mini cups
- 3 tablespoons ( 40 gr) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (100 gr) of toasted hazelnuts, divided
- 5 oz (140 gr) of graham crackers (which is 8 crackers)
- 8 oz (225 gr) of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30 gr ) powdered sugar
- 6 fl oz (175 ml) of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (150 gr) of Nutella, or other chocolate spread
- more whipped cream for decoration (optional)
Preparation time: 20 minutes to prepare plus at least 6 hours inactive
1. Melt the butter in a double boiler or in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds.
Add a 1/4 cup (about 35 gr) of the hazelnuts in a food processor, and process until mostly crushed. Add the graham crackers, and process a little more. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. You should get a sandy mixture.
2. Spoon the mixture to the bottom of 12 molds. You can use silicone molds or those thick paper muffin cups. Press it firmly to the bottom using the back of your spoon. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
3. Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth. Add the whipping cream and beat until it’s fluffy and thick. It’s easier if you use a mixer. Add the Nutella and mix a little more until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture evenly in the 12 molds. They should be filled a little over 3/4 of the way. You can top with the chopped hazelnuts now. Or wait until ready to serve. Refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight.
5. When ready to serve, remove from the mold, top with crushed hazelnuts and whipped cream.