ITHACA, N.Y. — The Tompkins County Health Department issued an alert Saturday night after receiving notification that an employee at Simeon’s American Bistro that worked several shifts last week has tested positive for COVID-19.
The individual worked multiple shifts at the restaurant, located at 224 E. State Street during which patrons may have been exposed.
Potential exposures may have occurred during the following dates and times at Simeon’s:
YOUR LOCAL HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES NEWS IS MADE POSSIBLE WITH SUPPORT FROM:
- Tuesday, Aug.18, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 20, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you dined at Simeon’s, indoors or outdoors, during the dates and times above, please do the following:
- It is recommended that you get tested at the Cayuga Health Sampling Site located at The Shops at Ithaca Mall parking lot, 40 Catherwood Rd.
- Register for an appointment online at cayugahealthsystem.org or call the Cayuga Health Call Center at (607) 319-5708 between special hours 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 23.
- Monitor your health for any symptoms of cough, fever, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last time you dined at Simeon’s.
- For a full list of symptoms, go to the TCHD website.
- If you seek testing and the result is negative, continue to monitor your health for the full 14 days from the last time you dined at Simeon’s. If you become symptomatic, seek testing again.
Cayuga Health System had announced earlier in the day that the Sampling site at The Shops was set to be closed to the general public Sunday and Monday so returning Cornell students could be tested. CHS has since said that the site will have limited public appointments on Sunday, Aug. 23 and Monday, Aug. 24. to address those who think they may have been exposed at Simeon’s last week.
Simeon’s American Bistro is closed temporarily allowing for thorough cleaning of their facilities, according to the alert.